When you're running a business, you don't want to be forgotten. It’s not just about what you know OR even who you know, but WHO KNOWS YOU.
Selling starts with awareness because prospects need to know about a product before they’ll buy. But awareness is so basic many business people overlook it. Sadly, lack of awareness (being forgotten) will stymie business growth every time.
How do you create awareness? You need to be visible. These tools can help you:
- WEB/SOCIAL Electronic channels are essential. You'll need to figure out which ones your audience uses and how. Then develop a plan for how you'll use the vehicles to reach the right folks with the right messages.
- ADVERTISING Often the most effective and cost-efficient way to create awareness if you have a broad audience that can be reached through publications, online, broadcast or other avenues.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS Product releases, features and case histories can get the word out about your product. This can be a slow way to build awareness, but the cost is less than advertising.
- EMAIL A good list is essential plus a compelling headline and offer.
- TRADE SHOWS/EVENTS This is like retail for B2B. Attendees come to learn about new products, to “kick the tires”, and to be entertained as well. This is your chance to add some flash and sizzle to your presence. Make it fun, but make it meaningful, too.