Social media marketing is the latest shiny object in marketing. Once upon a time, nothing was brighter and shinier than Facebook. Then it was Pinterest. Now I think it's Instagram...or Youtube..or whatever.
- What do you want your social media marketing to achieve?
- Which social media channels seem to best fit your product(s) as well as your marketing objectives?
- Who's your audience?
- Which social media channels does your audience use?
- How does your audience use these channels?
- When does your audience use them?
Social media marketing success depends on getting the right messages posted at the right times in the right places. (Just like any marketing.) Make sure the channels you use are the right places before investing time and money.